The school has computers and internet access to support the learning experience of our students. At Cherry Willingham Community School, we are aware of the potential concerns that parents may have regarding use of the internet. We take these concerns seriously and inform students that they must do the following:
- Only use the computers for school work and homework.
- Ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet.
- Only e-mail people I know, or who my teacher has approved
- Any email messages sent will be polite and responsible.
- Not to give my home address or telephone number, or arrange to meet someone via the internet.
- Report any unpleasant material or messages sent to me.
The school reserves the right to monitor any student using a computer within the school, internet and network usage in line with this acceptable use rules above.
To ensure the safety of our students the school is committed to responding strictly and promptly to all unacceptable use and such penalties are not limited to the withdrawal of access rights and, in extreme cases, potential criminal penalities may result from the contravention of current legislation.